Tuesday, September 28, 2010

End of PoD #4

Thank you to all who have given me encouragement in sharing my PoD report. Here is Part #4:

Mentor and Personal Spirituality
At the beginning of my PoD, I considered carefully who would be the most helpful mentor for me and settled on Mark because I needed someone who was willing to ask me some tough questions, and to name any areas of concern. I have met regularly with him during my PoD and have found our meetings enjoyable and challenging. It has felt quite self-indulgent to be able to meet with someone and to be able to talk about myself for over an hour! Mark has asked some really helpful and tough questions, as I had hoped; challenging my understanding of my faith, my motivations for considering ministry, what ‘presses my buttons’ and why, how I feel about myself, my self esteem, my need for affirmation, and how much I believe that Jesus loves me. I’m really grateful to Mark for giving me his time, honesty and encouragement.

I participated in the Winter Retreat in 2009 and the Discernment Retreat in 2010. They were both really special times, learning more about and experiencing quiet times of prayer and reflection.

During my PoD I have journalled any relevant ‘lightbulb’ moments, highlights and challenges. These journal entries have been entered into a variety of resources including handwritten notes and my iPhone, depending on where I was at the time. For the purpose of the portfolio, they have been compiled in to a journal book.

I have taken advantage of the long daily commute from Tea Tree Gully to Brooklyn Park (up to an hour each way) to spend time with God as often as I can. Time is spent in prayer, listening to pod casts of a variety of Christian speakers, or listening to worship music. This regular time with God has helped me come closer to Him and be more aware of His purpose and guidance in my life.


Part #5 (My time of exile) coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment