Saturday, September 25, 2010

End of PoD #3

Here's installment 3 of my PoD report...

Study
My goal for study during my Period of Discernment was to “gain a greater understanding of the Bible and what God wants me to learn about Jesus and what his message means for our world.” I can confidently say that I have done so through a combination of topics and sermon preparation.

I studied Listening and Speaking from the Heart by audit in May 2009 and found this to be a really engaging and helpful course to further develop my understanding and interest in pastoral care, having done a Pastoral Pathways course in 2008.

Through Semester One, this year, I studied The Living Water of Worship – Worship in the Uniting Church. This course was very relevant and helpful to my current ministry.

I also participated in the C-Change conference. I’m really grateful for this opportunity. I learned so much through the sessions, the bible studies and by soaking up what I could from the wisdom and experience of the ministers and pastors who were participating.

On reflection, I love study. I am eager to learn and soak everything up like a sponge. The biggest challenge for me was finding the time, and prioritising the little time I have to complete assignments. This is an area that I need to continue to work on. I am keen to continue studying and to work at a higher level.


part 4 (Mentor and Personal Spirituality) coming soon

No comments:

Post a Comment